Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"Streetcorner Symphony"

"Streetcorner Symphony" just came on my iPod as I started to write this... I am taking that as a very good sign.

We dipped our wheels in the Atlantic this morning after a gorgeous ride to Newcastle, a village right outside of Portsmouth. We happened to ride the same route my dad and I rode Wednesday morning; thanks for driving me out here, mom and dad! After the "opening ceremonies" we headed west across New Hampshire.

Turns out, New Hampshire has a lot of hills... Training in the midwest/ on the trails of Minneapolis didn't really adequately prepare me. I eclipsed my entire training elevation in one day of riding. Oh well. I made it to Concorde in one piece though, so I considered it a good day. As of right now, I'm not sore at all (knock on wood), but that could be a different story tomorrow morning. Sidenote: Jenny, I have literally knocked on wood 10+ times to curtail any problems.

We also had our first true community/church dinner tonight and the people were fabulous. It was definitely a "warm and tingly" event and I loved it.

38 miles planned for tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Did you get a baggie full of Atlantic water?! I hear that if you mix Atlantic water and Pacific water, you will discover the true meaning of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAHH ALI!! I'm so excited for you! Blog often and the cities already miss you!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a song called "Knock on Wood" maybe that can one of your entry titles :) I love that you combined church and warm, tingly feelings into the same story! I can just hear you telling me these stories in person - its great! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete