Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"No Stopping Us"

Unfortunately, the theme of today's entry did not reflect what actually happened on the road today...

It was our first morning after a ride and I felt pretty good; no major complaints. I'm not going to lie though, the first 7 miles were tough. "Rolling hills" is not my least favorite phase in the English language.

I rode all day with Kat and Laura, and it was a lot of fun. The first half of the ride we went through woods and around a lake and the second half of the ride was a very scenic route that followed a river. The final ascent into New London, NH was brutal. I stopped four times on one hill and each time thought the end of my life was near. Once again, I should have done more hills in my training.

Once we got into town we showered at amazing showers. It is only 5 days into the trip and we are already raving about gym showers. We had our first "laundry day" and that was quite the sight. All of our dirty clothes go onto two tarps that 5 people take to the laundromat. I got all of my items back and I considered it a giant win.

After dinner we had a group outing to a bar down the street. We all walked back and chatted together and saw fields full of fireflies; pretty awesome.

More "rolling hills" tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Are all of your titles going to be song names? I hope so because I am already enjoying the name that artist game in my head...not that these first two have been to hard! I hope the hills aren't too bad, hopefully they will end soon. See you in less than a month!

    ReplyDelete